USF Licensed Ebooks
- The USF Libraries licenses access to ebooks for faculty and students.
- The license may be perpetual, by subscription, or for discovery.
- Ebooks can be read online from most browsers, either on campus, or off campus with NetID authentication.
- Perpetually licensed content will always be accessible.
- Subscribed content will likely remain accessible.
- Evidence-based ebooks available for discovery and use may be withdrawn if not purchased. Please adopt any ebook you have selected for course use through Ebooks for the Classroom+, Course Reserves or by request to guarantee perpetual access.
- Most ebook platforms (publisher) allow unlimited concurrent users and unrestricted chapter downloads, printing, and copying.
- Some ebook platforms (aggregator) may restrict the number of concurrent users or limit downloading, printing, and copying.
- If the ebook model restricts concurrent users to 3 users, and 3 users are accessing the ebook, a 4th user will have to wait until one user releases their copy. Multiple copies increase the number of concurrent users.
Finding Ebooks at USF
- The USF Libraries provide access to over 1,000,000 ebooks.
- These titles can be discovered in:
- The Libraries’ Catalog
- Ebooks for the Classroom+
- Publisher platform/database
Using Ebooks at USF
- Click the link in the Catalog or FindIt! record
- Click the Preview link for owned titles in Ebooks for the Classroom+
- Receive a direct link from your Librarian or via Course Reserves
- Publisher Platform/Database
Ebook Publishers and Platforms
- SpringerNature (Palgrave)
- Taylor & Francis (Routledge, CRC Press)
- Oxford University Press
- Cambridge University Press
- Elsevier Science Direct
- Elsevier Freedom Collection (coming soon)
- Wiley Online Library
- Duke University Press
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Sage Research Methods
- APA PsycBooks
- Morgan & Claypool (Synthesis Digital )
- OECD iLibrary
- Proquest Ebook Central
- R2 Digital Library
- ACLS Humanities Ebooks
- Project Muse (DRM Free)
- JSTOR (DRM Free)
- Knovel (DRM Free)
- Loeb Classical Library
NOTE: Etextbooks, such as those published by Pearson and Cengage, are typically not available for license by academic libraries.
Ebooks and Textbook Affordability
- Adopt a USF Libraries licensed ebook for your course via Ebooks for the Classroom+.
- The USF Libraries will purchase ebooks for classroom support if available electronically.
- Includes recommended or required readings for courses.
- Priority is to purchase e-books with unlimited access.
- Faculty will be consulted if only limited user access available.
Ebooks for the Classroom+
Request an Ebook
If you have not found your ebook in the USF Libraries’ Catalog or Ebooks for the Classroom+:
- Ebooks for the Classroom+
- Ebook Help Guide
- Report an Access Problem
- Your Librarian
PROQUEST/EBOOK CENTRAL 5-MINUTE MESSAGE
When you click on an Ebook Central ebook, a browser tab opens with information about the title and you are invited to Read Online. All Ebook Central titles can be accessed directly by clicking the Read Online button. If you Browse more than 5 minutes or try to copy/print/download, a “loan” may be created. Some titles require this loan to be approved by a librarian before allowing further access. If you click “Yes, place a request” when prompted and fill out the pop-up Request form, the system generates an email to the librarians. Librarians then review the request and enter a response. Expect a response within 24 hours.
EBSCO EBOOK PDF PAGES
Why is a new PDF opened each time I turn the page of an EBSCO eBook?