Adopt an Open Access Textbook
Open access textbooks are openly-licensed digital textbooks that are offered for free online. Traditional textbooks use cumbersome copyright license restrictions, while open access textbook allow anyone to read, copy, distribute, or modify the content at no cost. Many universities around the United States have already developed initiatives to produce peer-reviewed open access textbooks for their students and the positive response has lead open access textbooks to be acknowledged as an affordable alternative to traditional learning materials.
Open Access Textbook Repository Database
(Click on a link for quick access on this page!)
[table id=1 /]
- Collaboration of University Press of Florida and Orange Grove Digital Repository
- Digital textbooks – free!
- Self-printed textbooks – free!
- “Print on demand” textbooks 40-60% of the cost compared to traditional textbooks
- Textbooks are developed with a Creative Commons copyright license (may be accessed at no cost)
- Titles from the University Press of Florida
- Browse for open access textbooks:
- Or, watch a video of a South Florida Community College professor who uses eTextbooks: