If you choose to buy your textbooks online, look around for the best deals and compare prices among online retailers for your new, used, electronic, or rental textbooks. You can browse through our list of the most popular online comparison tools to help you get started:
- Afford-A-Book – Searches among over 20 member vendors to find you the lowest price for textbooks.
- Big Words – Buy, rent, sell textbooks, or download them to your smart device. At the end of the semester, you have the choice of selling your textbooks, or donating them to students in need within the United States, Africa, or Asia through Better World Books.
- Campusbooks – This site searches the most reputable bookstores, marketplaces, and sellers to find you the lowest textbook prices. Campusbooks.com also includes taxes and shipping fees so you know the full item price upfront, as well as offers applicable coupons.
- CheapestTextbooks – Price compare dozens of textbook selling and renting sites. They display dollar off coupons and free shipping deals to help you save even more. CheapestTextbooks also has a sell back tool to help you get the most money from your used textbooks at the end of the semester.
- Slug Books – Compare prices between the Slug Books textbook exchange, the USF bookstore, and online retailers/renters. Powered by course-search technology.
- The Cheap Textbook – A site designed to make textbook shopping easy with an online textbook price-comparison tool. The comparison tool pulls information from a large number of online retailers in order for students to find the best prices online.
Buying Textbooks Online
Once you’ve comparison shopped to find the best prices, use these websites to complete your textbook purchases:
- AbeBooks.com – Boasts some of the the lowest prices in the market; they also sell international editions for a fraction of the United States price, as well as rare and out-of-print books.
- Amazon – The largest online store on planet Earth. Buy direct from Amazon or search for the lowest price. It’s easy to return books if you drop a course and they have a great buy-back program, even if you wrote in the book.
- Barnes and Noble – Buy or rent new and used books. When it’s time to return a rental, they provide free postage. Download books to your nook, or take advantage of the buy-back program.
- Bookholders – Allows you to search for a book by class, title, author, or ISBN. You can rent, purchase textbooks online, or pick them up in a brick and mortar location.
- Chegg – Buy, sell, and download textbooks to your computer or smart device. Every time you rent a textbook, Chegg.com plants a tree, and since 2013, has planted over 6 million trees worldwide.
- Textbooks.com – Buy, sell, rent, and download textbooks. Spend $25 or more, and Textbooks.com will cover your shipping charges. This vendor also offers 30-day returns and free buyback shipping.
- TextbookRush – Buy or rent new and used textbooks. International editions are also available at much lower prices, guaranteed to be identical to the United States editions.
- Valorebooks – This student marketplace allows you to buy, rent, and sell new and used textbooks. Every textbook rental comes with free return shipping.